Serving All of Bakersfield
With a population of over 403,000, Bakersfield is in the top 10 largest cities in California. This city is growing steadily and shows promise as a location for a profitable rental investment. At Utopia Management, we handle rental properties and portfolios of all kinds in Bakersfield and the surrounding area. Clients have trusted us with residential apartments, single family homes, condos, commercial buildings and offices, and industrial parks. This is because we have over 25 years of experience with rental management and the local real estate market. Our team of licensed contractors, real estate experts, and accountants can not only manage your property efficiently, but can help you maximize profit on your investment. We offer fully comprehensive management services including all of the following:
- Daily property management: We handle rent collection, deposits, lease agreements, prompt communication with tenants, and even evictions, so you won’t have to lift a finger.
- Property marketing: We share your property on an extensive online network, answer calls and emails 24 hours a day, and schedule showing appointments 7 days a week in order to fill vacant units as fast as possible.
- Tenant screening: With thorough and consistent tenant screening procedures, we ensure that only the best prospects rent your properties.
- Low repair and maintenance rates: We use in-house contractors and established relationships to provide unbeatable rates on contract work.
- Accounting reports: You’ll get detailed monthly reports and 24/7 access to accounting information.
Advanced Advertising Techniques
An important part of reducing vacancies and boosting profits is effective marketing. With Utopia Management, you can trust that your properties are rented as fast as possible. We create high quality listings, take professional photographs, and install signage. Your listings get shared on all the highly trafficked rental networks, including utopiamanagement.com. If cutting-edge marketing techniques to maximize the visibility of your properties wasn’t enough, there’s more. We answer calls and emails 24 hours a day to respond to prospects immediately, and we book showings every day of the week. With the resources and availability to rent units fast, we ensure you’re getting the most out of your rental investment.
- Advertising on most popular rental websites
- Quality listings including photos and video
- Showings 7 days a week by appointment
- Utopia referral base increases visibility beyond competition
Professional Apartment Management
We’ve facilitated profitable investments in apartment complexes since 1994. We know that not all apartments are the same, so we deliver unique management strategies to suit the needs of each specific building. Impressively responsive communication and expert tenant retention strategies help us maximize lease re-signings. Combined with advanced marketing techniques, we minimize vacancy rates to boost profits on your end. Our experienced staff members do regular market analyses to ensure that you’re renting at the most effective rate in each unit. Beyond that, we’ve developed trusted relationships with local companies to bring you high quality contract services at the most competitive rates.
- Online rent collection and direct deposit options
- High visibility property promotion and marketing
- Fast call and email response
- Detailed and consistent accounting reports
At Utopia Management, we have years of experience handling retail, medical, office, warehouse, mixed use, and industrial properties and complexes. Clients have trusted us with portfolios of all sizes throughout California and the west coast. We find effective solutions to your unique commercial management needs. You can go totally hands-free with our comprehensive management services, including vendor management, contract administration, tenant retention programs, REO management and disposition, and customized asset optimization strategies.
- CAM and operating expense reconciliation
- Advanced targeted property marketing and advertising
- Lease administration, inspections, collections, evictions, tenant screening, maintenance and repairs
- Vendor Management
- Contract Administration
- REO Management and Disposition
- CAM & Operating Expense Reconciliation
- Customized Asset Management Strategies
Residential Homes and Condos
Whether you’ve got a single family home or luxury condos, we’ve got you covered. Extensive knowledge on the local real estate market and 25+ years in the industry helps us give you a leg up. We combine expert marketing techniques with impressive response times to find you tenants and get them moved in before you can say “vacancy”. We also understand the importance of having high quality tenants, which is why we employ a thorough tenant screening process. With tenants moved in, we handle all the day-to-day management tasks, and we even handle evictions if the need arises. With 24-hour emergency response, we handle all repairs and maintenance using our in-house contractors or a trusted business we’ve worked with before. As a market leader in west coast management, we make sure you’re always renting at the most advantageous rate.
Thorough Tenant Screening
At Utopia, we know how important it is to have high quality tenants. Tenants can really make or break the profitability of your rental, so we make sure you only rent to the best. We employ a thorough and consistent applicant screening process that helps to eliminate liabilities on your end. With verification of Social Security cards, identification cards, employment and income, rental history, credit reporting, and a prior eviction search, the delinquency and eviction rate among our clients is less than 1%. And don’t worry – if there is a problem, we take care of it for you. The “Utopia Eviction Protection Program” keeps our clients worry-free and stress-free.
- Exceptional property protection options for owners.
- Preparation, delivery, and execution of legal documentation for evictions.
- Optional “Utopia Eviction Protection Program” for additional peace of mind.
Discounted Repairs and Maintenance
One of the most time-consuming and costly parts of managing a rental is handling property maintenance and repairs. With Utopia, you get access to our in-house technicians, all licensed with general contractors’ license #792427. They are always ready on-call to respond to maintenance requests and handle regular upkeep. For the jobs we can’t handle in-house, we refer to our list of trusted vendors. With so many years in the industry, we’ve developed long-term relationships with hundreds of local providers, so we can offer you reliable services at discounted rates. We also provide online management of all vendor expenses.
- Maintenance & Rent Ready Repairs
- Technicians on Staff or Preferred Vendors
- 24 Hour Emergency Maintenance
- Move-in and Move-out Inspections
- Licensed and Insured Vendors
You can remain informed of all activities going on at your properties with 24/7 online access to financial records, monthly statements, and tax documentation. We provide full-service accounting for all the properties we manage, including deposits and fees, rent collection, and all expenses paid on your behalf. Our team of expert accountants is available to answer questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your reporting stays confidential – always.
- Custom Web Portal
- Accounting staff make financial management easy
- Rent and security deposit collection online
- Bills and year end figures available any time
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average monthly rent in Bakersfield?
The median rent in Bakersfield is $1050 for a one-bedroom apartment, $1330 for a two-bedroom, and $1900 for a three-bedroom.
What is the median home price in Antelope Valley?
The average price of a home in Bakersfield is around $384,000. This is a 17% increase from the previous year.
Where is Bakersfield located?
Bakersfield is the county seat of Kern County, California, sitting on the southern end of the Central Valley region and the San Joaquin Valley.
Is Bakersfield a good place to invest in real estate?
Bakersfield is a lesser known city in Southern California seeing rapid growth and a boom in student population. With a growing population and cultural development, Bakersfield is a great spot for a real estate investment, especially for commercial properties.
What is the nicest neighborhood in Bakersfield?
Considered the most affluent neighborhood in the city, Old Stockdale has the highest median household income of anywhere in Bakersfield.
Percentage of Renters
Median Rent (2022)
Bakersfield is an economic and cultural hub within Kern County. The county is the most productive oil producer in California, and the fourth-most productive in agriculture in the United States. Bakersfield is also known as the birthplace of Bakersfield Sound, a country music genre that gave the city fame in the 1950s and 60s.
Music and entertainment still thrives throughout the city, with numerous venues, events, and five multi-screen movie theaters. The city is home to the original Fox Theater, which has been renovated and now serves as a venue for movies as well as comedians, musicians, and concerts.