Which Improvements Will Make Your Apartments for Rent More Desirable?
By Utopia Management
Do you have apartments for rent in Southern California and are searching for ways to make them more desirable to potential tenants? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
In this article, we will share with you our best San Diego Property Management tips for making your apartments for desirable.
Tip #1 – Renew Your Focus on Curb Appeal
There’s no doubt that image is everything to most tenants and if they find your apartments looking “scary” they will continue driving to the next available rental property in their area.
To avoid losing potential tenants it’s best to start making your rental property more desirable by updating curb appeal:
- Power wash the exterior of your rental property.
- Paint, stain, and or refinish the exterior when/where needed.
- Remove dead plants and plant colorful flowers.
- Power wash the driveway or parking spaces.
- Repaint the signage to your rental property.
Tip #2 – Improve the Interior of Your Rental Property
Once the exterior of your rental property has been updated, you should next focus on updating the interior to your rental property as well by doing the following:
- Clean or replace flooring including carpeting and vinyl flooring.
- Repaint each room in your rental property.
- Update your kitchen with a new dishwasher and or refrigerator.
- Replace old ceiling fans or light fixtures.
- Remove/replace old door knobs and drawer pulls.
Tip #3 –Stage Your Rental Property Before Marketing It Online
Last of all, but most important, after you’ve updated your rental property you should lightly stage your rental with furniture and have professional pictures taken.
Taking this last step will help tenants to see how the space in your rental property can be used rather than leaving them guessing how they would use each room.
Get Property Management Here