Do You Clean Windows
Spring is the perfect time to get your home cleaned up and organized.
Are you ready to dive into spring-cleaning, but not sure where to start? We’ve assembled some property management tips to make spring-cleaning in your home a breeze!
Get organized! One of the best ways to start your spring-cleaning is by getting organized and making a plan. Make a list of all the things you want to accomplish during spring-cleaning, and how long you think the project will take. Make sure your plan is reasonable. Don’t expect to accomplish your whole list in one day. Divide up your tasks over several days, then, make a list of the tools you will need to complete your tasks. Keep all your tools and products in one place so they are easily accessible.
Get rid of the clutter! Clearing out the clutter in your rental property will have a tremendous impact on your spring-cleaning. Gather 3 boxes or bins and label them KEEP, DONATE and TRASH. As you come across items, add them to the appropriate box.
Don’t let your piles get too large, and don’t let your trash or donation items stay in your home too long or they might end up right back where you found them!
Tackle your task list! As you are making your task list, consider adding some of these items to the list.
- Check or change the batteries in smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and check that fire extinguishers are in good working condition
- Dust ceiling fans and air vents
- Wash windows to let the spring sunshine in.
- Rotate mattresses and replace your pillows.
- Wash or replace your shower curtains.
- Clean out your pantry and wipe down the shelves in your refrigerator and freezer.
- Vacuum the crumbs out of kitchen drawers and/or replace liners in drawers, cabinets and pantry
- Wipe down baseboards
Have fun! Don’t let spring-cleaning be a chore! Have fun, wear your ear buds and put on some fun, motivating tunes! Or make it a household game or contest!
Keep it up! Remember, cleaning is not just for spring. Once you have your home clean, develop some regular cleaning habits to keep it fresh, organized and sparkling!