3 Creative Ways to Attract and Retain Tenants
If you own rental properties, you know that it can sometimes be difficult to attract and retain tenants.
Thankfully, in this rental finding article, we will provide you with creative ways that you can use to attract the perfect tenants to live in your rental properties.
Creative Ways to Attract Tenants
Some of the most creative ways to attract tenants to your rental property include the following:
- Incentivize your best renters to talk with their friends or family members who might need housing by offering them a referral fee of $100 or more once someone they know decides to rent from you.
- Start improving your rental property to make it more appealing to renters. This includes adding new features like a dog run, community garden, or rooftop garden at your rental.
- Promote the area where your rental property is located when you market your property. This will attract more renters who want to live in a property that’s near shops, stores or other cool things to do in the area.
How to Retain More Tenants?
Now that we’ve covered creative ways to attract tenants, let’s talk about how to retain them.
- Offer cash back incentives for tenants who pay their rent on time for periods of 6 months or longer.
- Listen to your tenant‘s needs and always acknowledge them when they contact you via call, text, or email.
- Send them gifts every three to six months to show tenants your appreciation and that you’re thankful they are renting from you.
Learn More About San Jose Property Management
Have you been thinking about hiring a company to manage your rental properties for you? If so, learn more about our San Jose property management services by contacting us at (800) 294-4656 or connect with us through our website.