Should You Have Your Palm Springs Rentals Inspected Quarterly?
By Utopia Property Management
PALM SPRINGS, CA. – Do you own Palm Springs Rentals and are wondering if you should have them inspected annually? This is an excellent question to ask and the answer is yes, an annual inspection is a smart move to make because it will also help you to confirm the shape/condition of your rental property and handle any potential issues which could arise.
24-Hour Notice to Enter
Before having your rental properties in Palm Springs inspected, you should first contact your tenants and give them a 24-hour notice to enter.
This can be done by phone, email, or physical mail. It’s important step to take because you never want to just show up at your rental property expecting to enter, because they could refuse you entry if you have not given them property notice (RCW 59.18.150).
Make Sure Your Tenants Know Why You Need to Enter
When giving your tenant a notice to enter, you should also properly explain to them why you’re entering the rental property, just so that they are aware you want to help them and fix anything that needs to be repaired in the rental.
Make the Inspection Fast and As Easy as Possible
On the day of your quarterly inspection, your goal should be to make the inspection as easy as possible by knowing what areas of your Palm Springs Rentals that you want to inspect in advance.
Inspect the exterior of the property – Look for any visible signs of damage and if there is a yard space you should confirm that it’s being maintained in accordance with the terms of your lease.
Inside the rental –
- Inspect the condition of the kitchen to confirm that all appliances are in working order.
- Review the bathrooms to verify that the toilets and shower heads are functioning normally.
- Verify the condition of flooring inside the rental.
- Check the heater and HVAC unit to make sure that the air filter has been replaced since your last inspection.
- Confirm that fire/carbon monoxide detectors are in property working order and batteries don’t need to be replaced.
- Look for any signs of possible lease violations like an extra friend or family member staying with the tenant who is not on the lease, or animals in the rental which was not reported.
Get Professional Property Management for Your Palm Springs Rentals
For professional property management for your Palm Springs Rentals contact Utopia Property Management today by calling us at (760) 324-9999 or connect with us online.