How to Find the Right Tenants Who Are Searching for Riverside Rentals
By Utopia Property Management
Are you having a difficult time finding qualified tenants to live in your Riverside Rentals?
Finding the right tenants is one of the oldest problems in the book that most owners face but the good news is that there are plenty of solutions to solve this problem especially if you follow these Riverside property management tips.
Tip #1 – Improve Your Marketing
One of the first reasons why most owners don’t have enough qualified tenants in their pipeline is because they aren’t doing enough online to market their Riverside Rentals.
Take a proactive approach to marketing by doing the following:
- Make sure your rental is cleaned and ready – Before marketing your Riverside rental you should verify that it’s been cleaned and is ready to be seen by prospective tenants.
- Stage your rental property – This will help prospective tenants to envision themselves living there and also show them how to use the space.
- Take high-resolution photos – You should always take high res photos of your rentals because they will display better online than photos taken from most camera phones.
- Shoot a video walk-through – In this day and age, most tenants who are searching for rentals want to see a video because being able to watch a video first will help to eliminate questions they may have about the rental.
- Market your rental online – Once you have new pictures and video of your rental property you should market your property online on websites like Facebook, Zillow, Rent.com and other websites for rentals can be found.
#2 – Create An “Avatar” Of Your Ideal Tenant
Last of all, but most important, another great way to attract the ideal tenant is to create an “avatar” or description of the ideal tenant that you would like to rent to.
This step will save you the time, money and hassle of renting to the wrong tenants because once you know your ideal tenant it will be easier for you to attract them since you will know how to write your advertisements to attract their interest and where to market to them online.
#3- Look for the Red Flags
Only place the best possible tenants in your real estate property. With a thorough screening process for rental applicants you will consistently kept your eviction rate very low. Prospective tenant screening should include running credit reports, verifying employment, income and previous rental history on all applicants age 18 years or older. This report includes a search for prior evictions, verify driver’s licenses, social security cards and pay stubs as well as contact their prior landlords for confirmation that they have been good tenants in the past. Placing the right tenant is the single most important step in the process.
Get Property Management for Your Riverside Rentals
Are you tired of self-managing your Riverside Rentals? If so, contact Utopia Property Management today by calling us at (909) 375-1111 or connect with us online.